VITEEE Entrance Exam
VIT University was established in 1984 as a self-financing Institution called the Vellore Engineering College. It conducts entrance tests for admission to B. Tech as offered in its affiliated colleges.
- Last Date of Receipt of Application Forms: 28th Feb 2014
- Date of VIT Engineering Entrance Exam: 9th-20th April 2014
- Date of Result Declaration: 28th April 2014
- Candidate applying for this examination must be of maximum 22 years of age. His/her birthday must be on or after 1st July 1992.
- He/she must have passed in 10+2 examination in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology with an aggregate of 60% marks.
- The candidates who are attempting for Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all 14 B.Tech programmes.
- Those attempting for Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech, Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
- The examination is of 2.5 hours duration.
1. One can apply online at www.vit.ac.in. The Prospectus and Brochure for the B. Tech programme along with the Application Form and self-addressed envelope can be bought by paying Rs. 975 from various post offices as mentioned on the website.
2. One can also buy the Application Form in person from:
- In order to appear in JEE (Main) 2014, the candidates are required to apply online only as per the procedure.
- Applicants can apply for the exam online without sending any documents to JEE Main Secretariat. The form can rather be submitted online at: www.jeemain.nic.in.
- One must keep scanned copies of one’s photograph, left hand thumb impression, signature ready in JPG format to be uploaded online.
- He/she can pay the examination fee through Debit/Credit Card or through an E-Chalan form.
- The candidate must download the Acknowledgement Slip and keep it safe for future use.
4. He/she can also pay by issuing a demand draft of Rs.925/- only.